We've been made aware of an email that has been received by some of our customers, which warned about your account being blocked, and asked to complete a form with your login credentials to verify your account. This email is fraudulent and not from Lancaster Puppies. If you've filled out this form, your account could be compromised and you MUST reset or change your account password immediately. Steps to do this are below:
- Go to https://www.lancasterpuppies.com/user and log in if you are not already logged in.
- Click the tab "Update Email / Password"
- Enter your current password in the box at the top and a new password that is significantly different in the boxes "Password" and "Confirm Password"
- If you are using the same credentials to access any other sites, change your password there as well to separate passwords.
If you are unable to do this, or have already been locked out of your account, reset your password here: https://www.lancasterpuppies.com/user/password
If you need assistance or are unable to gain access to your account using the steps above, Contact Us.
Signs of a Scam Email
Note the following signs of a fraudulent email:
- (Not shown) Email was from "Lancaster classified", not Lancaster Puppies.
- (Not shown) Email was sent from a @gmail.com address, instead of an address ending in @lancasterpuppies.com
- All of the links in the email go to a form on a website other than lancasterpuppies.com including the link labelled "https://www.lancasterpuppies.com/".
- Company name on the email from "PuppyFind", not Lancaster Puppies.
Lancaster Puppies will never ask for your password via email on any site other than lancasterpuppies.com. Before entering your password on Lancaster puppies, check the address bar on your phone, tablet or web browser, to make sure that it shows "lancasterpuppies.com" and a lock icon:
(it may look slightly different from this, but the address bar should always start with a lock icon "https://www.lancasterpuppies.com" at the very beginning of the address)
Make sure that the login form looks the same as it did the last time you logged into Lancaster Puppies. If the login form is different, this is a strong indication that the form is fraudulent.
You do not ever need to verify your account, nor will we ask for your password in an email or text message.
If in doubt, go to Google or your favorite search engine to search for "Lancaster Puppies".
Let us know if you receive any suspicious emails claiming to be from Lancaster Puppies.